Booking the church hall
St. Barnabas has two halls available for hire :
||A large hall with fully equipped kitchen and access to a garden;|
||A smaller hall with kitchenette.|
The big hall is in use every weekday morning and two afternoons during term time (St. Barnabas Playgroup),
and the small hall is in use Wednesday and Thursday mornings. They are available for hire in the evenings and at weekends
for children or adult parties or as a venue for meetings, and also for regular
bookings by community or commercial organisations.
All applications and correspondence relating to the hire of the halls
must be addressed to the halls manager,
either by e-mail or at the address and telephone shown below.
Charges for Letting (current until January 2005)
|1.||The private rates for each room can be found
below. If you are interested in booking our halls regularly for
community or commercial activities, contact our halls manager for further
per hour before 7.00 p.m.
per hour after 7.00 p.m.
|2.||All bookings are to be in whole hours.|
|3.||All application for bookings must be made via the halls manager|
Ms Candy Craig
St Barnabas Parish Office
146 Lavenham Rd
Southfields, London SW18 5EP.
Tel. 020 8480 2290
|4.|| See below for conditions of hire and hirer's responsibility.|
ST. BARNABAS CHURCH HALLS, LAVENHAM ROAD, SOUTHFIELDS
- The hirer is responsible for the preservation of good order during the period of hire and for damage that may be done to the fittings, furniture or structure and fabric of the building during or as a consequence of the hiring.
- In the event of such damage, St. Barnabas P.C.C. may make the damage good and costs will be passed on to the Hirer.
- All functions held in the Parish Halls must end no later than 11.00 p.m. and all goods, articles, and equipment taken into the Hall for using during the hiring must be removed by 11.30 p.m.
- The Hirer must dispose of all rubbish. No rubbish is to be left on site.
- For safety reasons, the number of persons allowed in each area is as follows:
- Large Hall 100 people
- Small Hall 30 people
- No alterations or additions to the electrical, water or gas installations are to be made for the purpose of or during the hiring.
- No nails, tacks, screws, etc., shall be driven into any walls, floors, fittings, furniture or structure, nor adhesive substances used on them.
- The hirer is responsible for the noise to be kept at a reasonable level, in particular at the end of the booking.
- Tables and chairs are to be stacked after use, as found, and all areas are to be kept clean. In particular, the kitchen area and all kitchen appliances must be cleaned after use. All food must be taken away and disposed of.
- The toilets must be left in a clean state.
- St. Barnabas P.C.C. reserves the right for any of its Officers to enter any part of the halls complex at any time.
- St. Barnabas P.C.C. accepts no responsibility for the loss of property of the hirer or of any other person. The Hirer shall ensure that proper care is taken of valuables.
- The Hirer shall indemnify St. Barnabas P.C.C. against all actions, claims and demands (whether on account of personal injury, damage, or loss of property) which may be brought against St. Barnabas P.C.C. on behalf of any person whose presence in the Halls is in any way connected with the use of the premises by the Hirer and whether or not caused by or contributed to by St. Barnabas P.C.C. or any of its officers.